Pierre MARQUET has been a Doctor of Medicine since 1986 and obtained a PhD in physiology in 1992. He became an associate professor of pharmacology in 1998 and a full professor in 2001 at the Faculty of Medicine of Limoges, France.
Pierre Marquet is currently:
- Head of the “Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmacovigilance” Department at the
University Hospital of Limoges
- Director of the INSERM U850 research unit called “Pharmacology of
immunosuppressive drugs in transplantation” (INSERM is the French Institute of
Medical and Health Research)
He was also:
- Secretary (2007-2009), President-Elect (2009-2011), President (2011-2013) and Past-
President (2013-2015) of the International Association of Therapeutic Drug
Monitoring and Clinical Toxicology (IATDMCT)
- Member of the board of the French Society of Pharmacology and Therapeutics (2008-
2015) and founding president of its Scientific Committee
- Vice-president of Limoges University Hospital in charge of research (2008-2016)
- Member of scientific boards and committees at INSERM, the Ministry of Education
and Research, patient associations and pharmaceutical laboratories.
Pierre Marquet conducts translational research on immunosuppressive drugs (IS) in organ transplantation, including: pharmacokinetic, metabolic, pharmacogenetic and pharmacodynamic studies of the IS; investigation of early biomarkers of graft injuries; mechanisms of IS nephrotoxicity; epidemiological studies and clinical trials in transplant patients; and application to routine treatment personalization in transplant recipients. He has been the PI of over 15 clinical trials and cohort studies and is currently the PI of the European FP7 research programme N° 305499 “BIOMARGIN”.
He has published over 250 papers in peer-reviewed, international journals.
He was presented with the Young Scientist Award of the French Society of Analytical Toxicology (1995), the IATDMCT Young Investigator Award (2001) and Pippenger Award for outstanding contributions to Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (2009).