- EurOP2E – the European Open Platform for Prescribing Education, a consensus study among clinical pharmacology and therapeutics teachers. Published in Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2021, 77, 1209–1218 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00228-021-03101-4
- Harmonizing and improving European education in prescribing: An overview of digital educational resources used in clinical pharmacology and therapeutics.-Published in Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2020 Jul 7. doi: 10.1111/bcp.14453.
- European List of Essential Medicines for Medical Education: A protocol for a modified Delphi study. Published in BMJ Open 2020, 11(5), [e045635]. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2020-045635
- Appropriate antibiotic prescribing among final-year medical students in Europe. Published in Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2019 Sep;54(3):375-37. doi: 10.1016/j.ijantimicag.2019.05.008
- Appropriate antibiotic prescribing among final-year medical students in Europe
EUroPE+ European Prescribing Exam Funded by Erasmus+ under 2019-1-NL01-KA203-060492
- The aim of EUroPE+ project is to develop, test and implement a standardised assessment on safe prescribing during the undergraduate medical curriculum in the European Union (EU).
- Website: European Prescribing Exam – Prescribing education
EurOP2E The European Open Platform for Prescribing Education Funded by Erasmus+ under 2020-1-NL01-KA203-083098
- The aim of EurOP2E project is to facilitate collaboration and sharing of resources and to assist CPT educators in improving their teaching.
- Website: European Open Platform for Prescribing Education – Prescribing education
Project group 1: EACPT Education Meetings
Members: Emilio Sanz, Simon Maxwell, Theo de Vries,
This project group aims to foster the organization of educational activities. It is hoped that these will benefit the EACPT meetings as a whole by bringing additional attendees to Congresses and other EACPT events.
Relevant sub-projects are:
(i) Education symposia at EACPT Congresses (every 2 years),
(ii) EACPT Summer Schools on Education (every 4 years), and
(iii) Pre/post satellite mini Summer School at the EACPT Congresses.
For more information or to contribute to one of the projects please contact the working group leader Prof. Emilio Sanz; (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Project group 2: EACPT Training Courses and Materials
Members: Theo de Vries, Simon Maxwell, Jelle Tichelaar, Robert Likic, Maria Cabello
This project group aims to professionalize CPT teachers by organising training courses in for example CPT teaching, CPT curriculum development, research in CPT education, and development of CPT teaching and assessment materials. Current sub-projects are:
(i) General introduction course in CPT Teaching and Assessment.
Participants will learn modern techniques of CPT teaching and assessment and how to evaluate results, based on the effective approach described in the WHO Guide to Good Prescribing and Teachers Guide to Good Prescribing. The first training course (2-3 day’s) will be given in the Netherlands or England for about 20 CP’s from various European countries. These CP’s will also be trained in organizing a similar course for colleagues in their own country. The Dutch/English trainers will assist in organizing these national courses, and EACPT may support these courses by providing funds for organization or travel grants for participants. All participants will receive an EACPT certificate. The first training course is planned for 2016.
(ii) Update of the WHO Guide to Good Prescribing and Teachers Guide to Good Prescribing
In agreement with WHO and the current authors the WHO Guide to Good prescribing and the accompanying Teachers Guide to Good Prescribing will be gradually updated and published in an open access digital form.
Status March 2015: preparatory phase.
For more information or to contribute to one of the projects please contact the working group leader Prof. Theo de Vries; email@example.com
Project group 3: EACPT Research on CPT Education
Members: Jelle Tichelaar, David Brinkman, Simon Maxwell
This project group aims to stimulate and improve research on CPT education in order to improve CPT education in European countries. Current activities include:
(i) A review of CPT education in European countries (EsC report 2015),
(ii) Development of European learning outcomes paper (paper for Clinical Therapeutics by end 2015)
(iii) A multicentre European pilot study measuring CPT knowledge, prescribing skills and level of confidence among nearly graduates in medicine
The aim of this study is to develop and perform an internet based (EACPT) assessment on CPT knowledge and prescribing skills, and evaluate the received teaching and the level of confidence among nearly graduated medical students across approximately 8-10 medical schools in Europe. The results will be presented at the Madrid conference, and possibly in a publication with the national coordinators as co-author. If successful a larger study in more countries will be performed.
Planning: October 2014-December 2015.
Status March 2015: start measurements in 11 countries
For more information or to contribute to one of the projects please contact the working group leader Dr. Jelle Tichelaar; firstname.lastname@example.org
Project group 4: Network of European CPT Teachers.
Members: Michel van Agtmael, Bogdan Tamba
This project group aims to create a network for European pharmacology and pharmacotherapy teachers around Europe taking advantage of social media.
Our mission is to improve contact between teachers in clinical pharmacology and pharmacotherapy in Europe. We also welcome colleagues from outside Europe, students and researchers who would like to be involved.
An open linkedin group has been launched as a platform for communication, interaction and exchange of ideas and materials (like Powerpoints, papers etc).
If you would like to join the linked in group, please click here
For more information or to contribute to one of the projects please contact the working group leader Dr. Michiel van Agtmael; email@example.com
Project group 5: EACPT Education Website and Communication
Members: Robert Likic, Simon Maxwell, Theo de Vries
This project group aims to provide information and materials for CPT teachers (in Europe) as well as be the face of the EACPT EsC to the wider world. Potential outputs from this group include
(i) a website with information about the EsC, the working groups and projects, EsC agendas and minutes, and the WG projects,
(ii) hosting of materials for educators and students,
(iii) website links for educators.
For more information or to contribute to one of the projects please contact the working group leader Dr. Robert Likic; firstname.lastname@example.org